Mayo Clinic will host its second “Tweetcamp” on Thursday, April 23, 2009 to provide training for Mayo Clinic staff — and for others outside Mayo via Web cast, in how to use Twitter productively in health care. The course also will explore innovative applications for Twitter in health care, including upcoming examples such as Dr. Victor Montori’s April 27 Twitter discussion of his recent research paper on diabetes treatment, and Mayo Clinic’s National Symposium on Medical and Health Care Education Reform.
People from outside Mayo Clinic will be able to participated via the Web cast and Twitter, by following the #tweetcamp2 hashtag.
Updated 4/23: Here are the slides for the presentation.
See the video archived below:
(Note: The video feed got a late start, so this picks up in the middle of slide 3.)
- Ed Bennett’s Hospital Social Network List
- The Sharing Mayo Clinic post with the piano duet by the elderly couple
- Jodi Hume, introduced briefly at the end of this section, has written a post about her experience at Mayo Clinic with her mom.
- @mayoclinic Twitter account
- 10 Ways You Can Use Mayo Clinic’s Social Media Tools
- Full Twitter curriculum
“Extra Credit” Assignments:
Here is the text for your extra-credit “tweets” related to Mayo Clinic Twitter events next week. Feel free to copy and Tweet if you’d like:
- @mayoclinic to hold symposium on medical & health care education reform next wk. See Webcast info at http://bit.ly/DJr9E #healthedreform
- @vmontori from @mayoclinic is holding a Twitter discussion of #diabetes research findings Mon Apr 27 Details: #a1cflex http://bit.ly/pxhaJ
Mayo attorney who answered questions: @danielg280